Website Selective Insurance Company of America
Selective Insurance Company of America is a leader in employee benefits and career progression. They are offering new job position Actuarial Assistant- Reserving in Branchville, NJ 07890.
Job: Actuarial Assistant- Reserving
Company: Selective Insurance Company of America
Location: Branchville, NJ 07890
Assists senior actuarial staff with actuarial and financial analyses within the scope of the Actuarial Reserving Department. Builds actuarial and business expertise, including the pursuit of the FCAS designation. This position will be associated with specific department functions. Nevertheless, this position may participate in any of the essential functions listed below, as needs arise.
1. Assist with quarterly loss and LAE reserve analyses. With appropriate guidance, prepare data files and templates. Analyze loss trends, and develop preliminary projections of ultimate losses and IBNR for review by supervisor.
2. Assist in the preparation of designated external and internal financial and management reports. These include but are not limited to 10-K/Q disclosures, statutory schedules (P), and the “AY Report”. Prepare routine reports and other submissions (e.g. data calls, excess profits), with direction from supervisor.
3. Support ceded reinsurance placement by providing information and data for broker submissions. Prepare routine data submissions, with direction from supervisor. Populate and run reinsurance pricing templates
4. Prepare data, populate templates, and design non-complex Excel and Access applications, with direction from supervisor. Identify opportunities for automation and implement as agreed with supervisor.
5. Develop a foundational knowledge of the functions performed by the Reserving department, and how the department relates to other functional areas of the organization.
Successful completion of at least 1 of the Casualty Actuarial Society examinations.
College Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or Economics preferred.
Requires solid analytical skills and a commitment to developing an actuarial knowledge base. Effective communication and interpersonal skills also required. Experience with macros/VB and statistical modeling packages (e.g., R, Python, Statistica, etc.) a plus.
Associates Degree or better
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.