Website Ogden Clinic
If you are looking for an excellent career then look check this new position offered by the Ogden Clinic. New Scheduler Specialty – Corporate Office – Full Time jobs are open in South Ogden, UT 84405. Apply before the application deadline.
Job: Scheduler Specialty – Corporate Office – Full Time
Company: Ogden Clinic
Location: South Ogden, UT 84405
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Contact Center Manager, the Specialty Scheduler is responsible for providing excellent customer service skills when scheduling patient appointments according to criteria set forth by individual providers and the department. This position also answers phones and assists with creation of provider schedules, telephone encounters, prescription requests and other set duties as assigned by the Contact Center Manager.
1. Provide professional and courteous service to all “customers” of Ogden Clinic. Customers include all Ogden Clinic patients, affiliates, providers, administration, employees, co-workers, insurance company representatives, and all other vendor representatives.
2. Meet behavioral expectations and support the dignity of all persons. Also, responsible for the stewardship of resources.
3. Ensure applicable regulatory requirements are complied with and follow guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors, and co-workers.
4. Study, understand, and adhere to all Clinic Policies and Procedures.
5. Study, understand, all assigned queues, provider schedules and preferences.
6. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the CISCO phone system and eClinicalWorks (ECW).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure that each appointment is scheduled correctly and in harmony with department and provider preference.
2. Provide excellent customer service while scheduling patients for assigned providers.
3. Adhere to all scheduling policy and procedures while upholding the dignity of the scheduling department.
4. Become fluent in the understanding of specialty queues, terms, preferences and office standards.
5. Make reminder phone calls for next-day appointments.
6. Pre-register new patients for next-day appointments and advise them as to correct information to bring to the appointment.
7. Demonstrate compassion and understanding for the patient and caring parties.
8. Maintain a thorough knowledge of CISCO phone system and eClinicalWorks (ECW) computer system.
9. Display patience in understanding and satisfying patient’s request.
10. Maintain an adequate level of productivity as defined with the Patient Contact Center Manager.
11. Answer phones within 30 seconds.
12. Greet patients in a professional and courteous manner both on the phone as well as in office if scheduling on site.
13. Accurately note and deliver messages.
14. Collect outstanding patient account balances.
15. Verify medical insurance benefits in a timely manner through the eligibility system.
16. Review electronic medical record (EMR) for demographic information with accuracy and completeness including but not limited to phone number, address, insurance etc.
17. Attend team meetings and team training sessions as scheduled.
18. Timely arrival for all scheduled work shifts must arrive a minimum of ten minutes before set start time to accommodate for log in/clock in and ensure coverage when phones turn over for availability. Employees must call 1 hour prior to the start of shift to inform manager if they cannot report.
19. Arrange for coverage of scheduling station during the hours of 7am to 8pm when it is necessary to leave desk.
20. Adhere to the Personal Idle Policy and time frame given per each hour of time worked.
1. Additional responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
2. Maintain confidentiality of patient records and employee/co-worker information.
1. EDUCATION: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in reading and comprehending simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write routine reports and correspondence as well as effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
3. Reasoning skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. General office equipment and procedure knowledge helpful.
1. Must maintain a positive “can-do” attitude.
2. Must adhere to the Customer Service Policies of the Ogden Clinic treating all customers with respect and integrity.
3. Maintaining an open communication relationship with Manager, Supervisor, team and coworkers.
4. Must effectively participate as a team member with department and its practices.
5. Must protect confidential information, records, and/or reports.
6. Must communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
7. Must have good organizational skills.
1. Requires prolonged sitting and viewing of a computer screen.
2. May require some light bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching for files and supplies.
3. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
4. Must possess all physical abilities necessary to perform the job.
5. Visual requirements: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
6. Noise level is moderate with constant conversations, computers, printers, telephones, etc.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.