Website North Dakota State Government
When you look for your future jobs then ask yourself why you want to join North Dakota State Government. The North Dakota State Government is offering excellent employee benefits for its new position, Assistant Attorney General. Don’t miss the local application deadline at Bismarck, ND 58501.
Job: Assistant Attorney General
Company: North Dakota State Government
Location: Bismarck, ND 58501
ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL
Position No.: 125-606
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: February 21, 2020
Status: Full-Time with State Benefit Package
Location: 500 North 9th Street, Bismarck, ND
Selecting Supervisor: Matthew Sagsveen, Director, Civil Litigation, Natural Resources, and Indian Affairs Division
Summary of Work
The position responsibilities include assisting the division with its representation of the Department of Human Services, State’s Risk Management Division, and miscellaneous litigation as assigned.
1. Licensed to practice law in North Dakota, or the expectation of imminent admission to the North Dakota bar.
2. High ethical standards; clean discipline record.
3. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, and the public.
6. The judgment, reliability, and willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the State of North Dakota.
7. Ability, demonstrated in previous employment experience or otherwise shown, to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
8. Excellent time management and organization skills.
9. Proven ability or potential to do excellent legal work in the areas of legal research and writing, negotiation, and client advice.
10. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assistant attorney general tasks.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Office of Attorney General does not provide sponsorships.
Application package must be received by 11:59 PM on the closing date listed on the opening.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT: www.nd.gov/omb/public/state-jobs.
Documents to be submitted:
Cover letter with a summary that clearly explains how the applicant’s work experience is related to the summary of work and minimum/preferred qualifications
3 Professional References
College Transcripts (copies or unofficial versions are acceptable)
Anyone needing assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process please contact Glenna, Office of Attorney General: E-mail: [email protected]; phone: (701) 328-1256, fax: (701) 328-2226 or TTY: 1-800-366-6888.
Learn more about Office of Attorney General at: https://attorneygeneral.nd.gov/
Learn more about Employment Benefits at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/employees/benefits.aspx
Visit North Dakota State government: http://www.nd.gov
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
To apply for this job please visit www.cnd.nd.gov.