All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of the Plastic Paint Engineer, however, candidates with superior teamwork skills will be given priority. New vacancies are expected to be filled soon, therefore, apply online at the Honda website as soon as possible.
Plastics Paint Engineer
What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
· Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
· Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
· Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
· Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
· Manufacturing Technical Center – Plastics Paint Engineer
· Analyze manufacturing characteristics in comparison to standards, summarize results and provide gap analysis and countermeasure identification, toward the achievement of targets.
· Promote effective communication with the Plastics Category Leader, manufacturing company and plant leadership, and plant staff to effectively, convey the study results and countermeasure proposals to improve manufacturing characteristics.
· Organize and prepare for formal meetings with Safety, Quality, and Delivery NA Plant Category Leaders as defined by the annual roadmap.
· Regional Production Engineering Function Leadership and carry out the annual roadmap including the study of manufacturing characteristics and report the results to management to communicate characteristic improvement measures.
· Provide Technical Support and Expertise to support various technical themes and activities to close identified gaps at the production facilities
· Conduct regular meetings with Plant Plastics Department Category Production Engineering representatives to communicate key technical information.
· Lead regional and global theme diffusion and best practice sharing, based on results of characteristics study activities.
· Collect and analyze data from all regional plants and organize in a logical manner to identify best practices and areas of development.
· Benchmarking data collection and analysis.
· Manufacturing site focused.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly reports, and propose improvement ideas to complete continuous improvement cycle.
· Gap analysis of manufacturing indicators.
· Maintain understanding of current manufacturing characteristics in the regional Plastics Department Operations: Plastics Injection, Plastics Painting, Instrument Panel Manufacturing.
· Organize meetings, take effective board notes and clarify direction.
What you need to be successful in the role:
· Technical Subject Matter (Plastics) expertise with proficiency in the area of Automotive Plastics Painting Operations (Bumper fascia, Instrument panel, Plastics Trim components, etc.) Equipment (Robotics, Applicators, etc.), Processes, Methodology and materials.
· Understanding of the business planning process and project management and the necessary steps to advance a theme to successful completion.
· Hands on engineering approach
· Strong project leadership skills
· Excellent written & oral communication skills
· Strong people skills, with ability to facilitate and gain consensus
Required Work Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience in the Automotive Plastics Painting, with exposure to New Model Development, Process, Equipment, Materials. (5 years preferred)
· Minimum of 2 years project experience gained through project leadership in the field of Automotive Plastics Painting
· Basic business system computer skills
· B.S. Engineering degree or equivalent engineering experience
A few other important details:
· Direct “Hands On” Plastics Painting Process Experience / Project Leadership: Bumper Paint Applications Engineering, Plastics Painting Equipment / Process Modification Project Leadership
· Investment E-Flow Process Experience
· New Model Project Experience
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
· Competitive total compensation
· 401k Plan with company contributions
· Flexible and valuable insurance plans
· Relocation assistance (if eligible)
· Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
· Development to further your career
· Discount on Honda products
· Paid time off and paid holidays
To apply for this job please visit hondana.taleo.net.