Website CHI Health
If you have excellent communication skills then apply for the Patient Companion offered by the CHI Health. They are offering new job opportunities in their Omaha, NE 68106 offices. Application deadline is approaching, apply soon.
Job: Patient Companion
Company: CHI Health
Location: Omaha, NE 68106
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > LAKESIDE
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Patient Companion, under the direction of a Licensed Practitioner, assists in providing a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient who requires close monitoring and/or may be confused, impulsive, or at risk for injury. The Patient Companion will follow assigned duties and responsibilities as directed by the Registered Nurse and in alignment with CHI Health policy and procedures. Provides services which encompass the spiritual, physiological, social, and psychological aspects of care of the sick, prevention of disease, or conservation of health. The position contributes to the mission and core values of CHI Health.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Patient Companion is an assigned staff member whose purpose is to ensure the safety of the patient.
2. Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, participates in providing a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient who is confused, impulsive, unable to perform teach back, unable to understand, or at risk for self-harm or injury.
3. Documents per policy in the healthcare record.
4. Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education. Maintains a safe work environment. Fosters a collaborative environment in support of the patient care.
5. Sets priorities for response and communicates with appropriate personnel.
6. Responds appropriately in emergency situations as support for clinical staff.
High School Diploma or GED.
Required Licensure & Certifications:
BLS within 14 days of employment start date.
Mandatory Adult/Child Abuse Reporting. APS – IA & NE within 6 months of employment start date.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical and mental health, emotional maturity and interpersonal competence. Demonstrated ability to effect planned change in a positive manner. Able to work with an interdisciplinary team. Able to appropriately resolve conflict and crisis situations. Knowledge of critical thinking skills, verbal and written communication skills, technical/computer skills, attention to detail, customer service skills, adaptability, maintain confidentiality.
One year of experience in the Behavioral Health or Human Service field or Nurse Aide training is preferred. Will consider current nursing students or students studying a Human Services field.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0260274
Schedule: Per Diem
Market: CHI Health
To apply for this job please visit click.appcast.io.